Oriental Bank in SMS Banking Offers many features without any dependence on Internet. OBC SMS banking can be accessed without a smartphone and is easy to use. You can check your account balance, Block OBC ATM Card and enquire other account related queries just by sending an SMS.
The OBC SMS Banking feature works on Push based Services and Pull based services that means apart from sending request form your end you can receive SMS alert on services specified by you like credit/ debit transfer, Messages ID tracker and much more.
How to Use OBC SMS Banking Services
Customers need to send message (SMS) to Mobile number 9915622622 with certain keywords and format from their registered mobile number
- Check Account Balance: Type message as ACBAL<space>14 Digit OBC Account Number. As an example ACBAL 12345678912345
- For Mini Statement: Type STM<space>14 Digit OBC Account Number e.g. STM 0xxxxxxxxxxxx0.
- To Stop Cheque Payment: Type the message as STOP<space>OBC Account Number<space>Cheque Number. Example STOP 12372191001011 98765
- To Block ATM Card: Send message as BLOCK<space>Your Account Number<space>Last 4 digits of card. Example BLOCK 12372191001011 1111
Features of Push Based Services in Oriental Bank SMS Banking
- Get Message alerts on check book issuance, Cheque Bounce
- Credit and Withdrawal alerts
- Funds transfer through ATM, moblie banking irrespective of transaction amount
- Receive messages when you are added as beneficiary for online transfer providing reliable and secure payments
- Alerts if account balance goes below minimum value
OBC provides SMS facility on major telecom providers. Customers can now stay updated about their account in bank with just an SMS and each and every person can avail these services irrespective of their mobile device.