UPI PIN or expanded as Unified Payment Interface Personal Identification Number is a passcode used for transaction in e-wallets, and mobile bank applications. If you have forgot UPI PIN and the PIN reset failed then you can change it easily. Most of the users asked how to change UPI PIN in Paytm/ Tez .To reset/ change UPI PIN you need to have a registered mobile number and BHIM UPI App.
UPI PIN is used in Paytm/ Tez/ Phonepe and many other apps to make transaction easier .If you have same bank account linked with all the apps then you need to reset UPI PIN only once. There is no need to change PIN for each app as it is same for all applications. Follow the below given steps to avoid error while generating UPI PIN.
How to Reset UPI PIN
Before starting the process, you should have BHIM app in your smart phone and mobile number that is linked with your bank account
- Open the BHIM app in your smartphone
- Enter the 4 digit login PIN to visit the dashboard
- Now click on the ‘Bank Account’ tab, you will see the change/ reset UPI PIN
- Click on the link “Reset UPI PIN”
- A new screen will open asking for debit card details
- Enter the last 6 digits of debit card/ ATM card of bank linked with app
- Enter the validity month and year of card and submit it
- You will get OTP on registered mobile number, Enter the OTP and proceed next
- Now Enter the new UPI PIN and submit, your PIN will be reset successfully
Change UPI PIN
Changing UPI PIN frequently is good as it enhances the security and avoid risk of fraudulent transactions. As bank advised to change ATM PIN, users should also change UPI PIN frequently. Here are the steps by which you can change UPI PIN
- Open the BHIM UPI app and login with 4 digit PIN
- Go to Bank Account and click on Change UPI PIN
- First enter the correct UPI PIN and then the NEW PIN you want to set
- Your UPI PIN will be changed.
Users having same bank account on Paytm/ Tez/ PhonePe and other mobile applications have to use this new UPI PIN for transactions.